Program Manager – Location: Amman, Jordan.
Background / General Description:
The Middle East Investment Initiative (MEII), is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington DC. MEII stimulates sustainable economic activity and long-lasting job creation in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) by designing and deploying finance and technical assistance programs to benefit entrepreneurs and SMEs. Founded with the conviction that the path to social and political stability in the MENA region requires a sound and sustainable economic base, MEII breaks from traditional aid models and designs innovative development finance initiatives that foster economic opportunities and dignity instead of dependency.
MEII has developed technical assistance programs aimed at improving the accounting and financial literacy of SMEs. By enhancing financial transparency and disclosure, SME access to finance can be facilitated through an innovative online platform, which allows financial intermediaries, mainly banks and other investors, to examine financing requests posted by SMEs throughout the country. In 2015, MEII launched this platform in Palestine where a team of business advisors is working closely with local SMEs to develop their accounting capabilities and guide them through the online application process. MEII plans to implement a similar program in Jordan.
The position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Program Manager will be responsible for a diverse range of general managerial and specific technical functions, which include managing program implementation and day to day operations. The Program Manager is required to effectively develop and manage relationships with numerous stakeholders; local international donor representatives; government officials, local and regional organizations, other development finance programs, and other entities and individuals.
S/he shall report to MEII’s Associate Vice President - SME TA.
The following are illustrative activities and responsibilities:
· In close coordination and consultation with MEII’s Associate Vice President for SME TA launch and implement the Financial Literacy and Matchmaking Program (FLMP) in Jordan.
· Recruit, train, and supervise Business advisors and interns;
· Liaise with relevant local government offices and TA providers, consulting firms, universities, Chambers of Commerce, and vendors;
· Actively promote and market FLMP to reach out to marginalized SMEs, female entrepreneurs, refugee and host community businesses;
· Manage the relationship with accounting software providers and participating financial intermediaries;
· University degree in accounting or business related discipline;
· At least 5 years professional experience in managing an office of a like organization;
· Awareness of the Jordanian financial and business sector;
· Excellent English both writing and oral.
MEII is an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit www.meii.us
Qualified candidates should send CV, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.