Business Advisor– Location: Amman, Jordan.
Background / General Description:
The Middle East Investment Initiative (MEII), is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington DC. MEII stimulates sustainable economic activity and long-lasting job creation in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) by designing and deploying finance and technical assistance programs to benefit entrepreneurs and SMEs. Founded with the conviction that the path to social and political stability in the MENA region requires a sound and sustainable economic base, MEII breaks from traditional aid models and designs innovative development finance initiatives that foster economic opportunities and dignity instead of dependency.
MEII has developed technical assistance programs aimed at improving the accounting and financial literacy of SMEs. By enhancing financial transparency and disclosure, SME access to finance can be facilitated through an innovative online platform, which allows financial intermediaries, mainly banks and other investors, to examine financing requests posted by SMEs throughout the country. In 2015, MEII launched this platform in Palestine where a team of business advisors is working closely with local SMEs to develop their accounting capabilities and guide them through the online application process. MEII plans to implement a similar program in Jordan.
The position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Business Advisor will be responsible for a diverse range of technical functions, which include the program implementation and day to day operations. The Business Advisor is required to effectively develop and manage relationships with numerous stakeholders; Accounting software providers, Small and Medium Enterprises, Chambers of commerce, and other entities and individuals.
S/he shall report to Program Manager.
The following are illustrative activities and responsibilities:
- Provide business advisory services to entrepreneurs, may include:
- Monitoring and follow up, may include:
- Visit the SME, on a quarterly basis, to review and explain the financial reports and to follow up on financial strategy;
- Coach and follow-on advisory services.
- Market and promote the TA program among SMEs with particular focus on female entrepreneurs;
- Networking and collaboration with other service providers and business associations;
- Supervise the quality and workflow of the interns;
- Any other task seen appropriate by the project manager.
MEII is an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit www.meii.us
Qualified candidates should send CV, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.